- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience in childcare or related training and education.
- Must have prior supervisory experience, preferably as a group home or program manager.
- Demonstrates strong boundaries and shows care and concern for children in crisis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a valid Arizona drivers’ license.
- Must maintain current First Aid, CPR, and CIT certification.
- Must possess a Level 1 fingerprint clearance card as required by the AZ Department of Economic Security and a physical examination prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
House Manager Job Description (abbreviated version):
Responsible for overall program of a group home or shelter with up to 10 children. Supervises all staff at the house. Schedules staff and provides coverage as needed. Schedules and coordinates daily activities per the needs of the children. Functions as a role model, adhering to agency standards of practice for children, staff, and the public. Provides a therapeutic approach during daily routine.
Additional Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Supervise daily living routines in the home
- Transport children as needed to school, church, recreation and other assigned destinations
- Enforce behavioral boundaries established in the home
- Plan the use of children’s leisure time to provide educational, recreational, spiritual and culturally diverse activities
- Maintain contact with case workers to keep them updated on childrens’ progress
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by administrators
If you are interested in becoming a House Manager with the Sunshine Residential Homes, your next step is to complete the Employment Application.