Minimum Bachelors degree (Masters degree preferred) in education, social work, counseling or related field preferred. Minimum one year experience in child care or related training and education. Demonstrate strong boundaries and shows care and concern for children in crisis. Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills. Possess excellent organizational, leadership, and time management skills. Must possess a valid AZ drivers’ license. Must possess a Level 1 fingerprint clearance card as required by the AZ Department of Economic Security and physical examination prior to employment. Maintain current First Aid, CPR, and CIT certification. Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment.
Additional Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Supervise teams of house managers
- Responsible for training new house managers and staff
- Monitor children’s medication and ensure accuracy of related paperwork
- Conduct group meetings with children for all assigned houses
- Review and edit monthly reports for all children in assigned houses
- On call to respond to emergencies in assigned houses 24 / 7
- Conduct team meetings with staff of all assigned houses
- Monitor and update children’s files from all assigned houses.
If you are interested in becoming an Assistant Program Manager with the Sunshine Residential Homes, your next step is to complete the Pre-Employment Check List. Please click on the button below to perform this step.